WHO WE ARE:
COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We only collect and store personal or other information you voluntarily supply to us online, while you are using Storyblaster (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site).
If you desire to have unrestricted access of Storyblaster, you will be required to sign up, become a registered user, and submit certain campaign and personally identifiable information to the company.
Storyblaster, Inc. only contacts individuals who request we do so, in the event they have registered, signed up to use a free trial, our promotion, receive newsletters, updates, or purchase a license, subscription, or our services. Storyblaster collects personally identifying information from users during the sign up, registration, and purchasing process. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address, your crowdfunding campaign name, links, dates, funding goal, and platform, the social media accounts you’d like associated with your campaign, postal address, and credit card information. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information generated automatically as you navigate our sites, for example, information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience on the Sites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information you provide to us in the following ways:
- For purposes of communicating with you and identifying you as a user of the Services.
- If you elect to use our Services alongside partner sites such as Indiegogo, Seed& Spark, Kickstarter, iFundWomen, Hatchfund, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, then we may receive information and content you have posted to these sites or to their follower pages and accounts
- Facilitate purchase and sales of products and services available from Storyblaster and our partners.
- Administer promotions, beta tests, contests, or free trials we may offer.
- Send you communications upon your request or consent.
- Customize or personalize your communications and experience with us.
- Respond to bug reports, your concerns, requests, and complaints.
- Help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Services and investigate potential fraud.
- Send you important notices such as communications about purchases, pricing, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of these messages.
- Keep you informed of our upcoming new products and services, releases, and events if you have opted in to receive such messages.
- For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our Services.
We may use your personal information that you provide to us in the process of making a purchase in the following ways:
- Confirm your use of a valid credit card (or other authorized methods of payment).
- Process your payment via a credit card (or other authorized methods of payment).
- Verify your receipt of the product or services and investigate any potential frauds.
We and our third-party vendors also gather non-descriptive, non-personal information about how our Services are used. The following are examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- URL, location, and the time zone where our Services are used so we can better understand customer behavior and improve our Services.
- URL to your crowdfunding accounts and projects.
- Search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our Services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help improve the functionality and delivery of strategy and services.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
For example, when you visit the Site(s) our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This may include your IP address, browser type and language, the domain from which you are visiting, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, and the search terms you use. Storyblaster also logs the URL of your crowdfunding campaign and social media accounts. Knowing your crowdfunding campaign information allows us to instantly pull your updated information into our templates for a customized experience. Recognizing your social media accounts, allows us to target the best audiences for your campaign. Recognizing your computer, device, campaign URL, funding goal, and social media account information makes our services more seamless, our strategy, guidance, and paid-promotion more relevant to your success. Knowing your contact information, allows us to provide you with better customer service.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, administer the site, learn about user behavior, boost posts for your benefit, improve Storyblaster services, target likely contributors for your campaign, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Cookies also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site, your linked social media accounts, crowd-funding campaign updates, or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected, and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
We encourage you to carefully read our partners’ privacy policies on their websites.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY STATEMENT
This site is not directed to persons under the age of thirteen. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen. If we become aware that a child under thirteen has provided us with such information, we will delete such information from our files.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers Storyblaster content and services. Your information can only be accessed by those who manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive Storyblaster updates or material.
Any emails sent to you by Storyblaster include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our newsletters or mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
PROCESSING USER CONTENT
When you use Storyblaster’s site and services, we store, process and transmit your user content (such as photos, posts, graphics, links, and videos, collectively “User Content”), and information related to your User Content (such as location tags in photos). We process and store such files and information in order to provide the Services.
Storyblaster is designed to help users create and run winning and successful social media and crowdfunding campaigns. Storyblaster allows users to modify, create, publish, and promote their posts while managing and engaging with multiple social media accounts and clients from one dashboard, track contributions, and get real time, ongoing progress and advice on a daily basis.
MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you are a registered user of the Site (s), you may access, update or modify the personal information you provide to us at any time by going to the preferences section of our site, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you unsubscribe from our communications, you may still receive communications already in production until your request is fully processed. If you request that your registration information be deleted or if you unsubscribe from communications, we may maintain information about sales transactions or service inquiries for future service and record keeping purposes.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION:
Your personal information is contained behind secure networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have a need to access your personal information for purposes of managing our website and providing you information as you have requested. All orders are placed through a secure server. Please be aware that no electronic data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure.
When you use our Service, and templates to create posts, videos and graphics, and schedule them or publish them for the purpose of marketing your products or campaign on outside social media channels, the personal information and content you share is immediately visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for any personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OVERSEAS:
If you are located outside of the United States, we may transfer your information to our affiliates, to other service providers or distributors outside of your country or territory. We run our business and manage our services from the United States. We acknowledge that the data protection laws and other laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those of your country or territory and we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected—for example, we conform to the requirements of the EU’s GDPR. When transferring personal data outside of the European Union, we require all third parties that are not our affiliates to agree to the EU Model Contracts, or contracts with similar provisions and safeguards.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
Under California laws, California residents can request information from us whether we have disclosed a person’s personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As stated, we will not sell or share your personal information with third-party companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California residents desiring to request further information about our compliance with these laws or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies are welcome to contact us requesting the above at email@example.com
OBTAINING A COPY OF OR UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date, by logging in to your account and changing your preferences at any time. You can contact us at any time to obtain the personal information we possess about you, or modify any personal information we retain that is incorrect. Please let us know what information you would like to receive from us, or what information is incorrect, and we will respond to you. Your request should include your name and proof of your identity. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK:
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy.
NOTICE AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
For questions or concerns, please contact us at:
Storyblaster, Inc. 11271 Ventura Blvd. #324 Studio City, CA 91604
LANGUAGE OF THE TERMS
- Where and if Storyblaster has provided you with a translation of the English language version of the Terms, then you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only, and that the English language versions of the Terms will govern your relationship with Storyblaster.
- If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of the Terms says and what a translation says, then the English language version shall take precedence.
REVISION OF THE SERVICES BY STORYBLASTER
- Storyblaster may have affiliated entities (“Affiliates”). Sometimes, these companies will be providing Services or Products to you on behalf of Storyblaster itself. You acknowledge and agree that Affiliates will be entitled to provide the Services to you.
- Storyblaster is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which Storyblaster provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that Storyblaster may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users at Storyblaster’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Services at any time. You do not need to specifically inform Storyblaster when you stop using the Services.
You acknowledge and agree that if Storyblaster disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account.
You acknowledge and agree that while Storyblaster may not currently have set a fixed upper limit on the number of transmissions you may send or receive through the Services or on the amount of storage space used for the provision of your campaign, video transmission storage, or any future Services; such fixed upper limits may be set by Storyblaster at any time, at The Company’s discretion.
USE OF SERVICES
- In order to access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to Storyblaster will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries).
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Storyblaster, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Storyblaster. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Services.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Storyblaster, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services, templates, images, content, or other Storyblaster products for any purpose.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Storyblaster has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Storyblaster may suffer of any such breach.
- Storyblaster holds the right to use contact information to notify members and registered customers of Storyblaster events, news, and notifications. These can be done by email, newsletter, social media posts, etc. In some cases “opt out” selections can be made and will cease those particular items delivery.
CONTENT AND GRAPHICS WITHIN STORYBLASTER
You acknowledge and understand that that all creative, written and/or marketing collateral within the campaign templates and individual posts, is in non-final “draft” form. Storyblaster intends this content to be instructional, representational, and to be taken by users as guidance.
The purpose of Storyblaster content is to show campaigners how to create the most effective posts to maximize a specific campaign goal outcome. All Storyblaster example posts can and should be modified to feature the campaigners own authentic campaign story, featuring user links, graphics, text, and images. Users also have the right to re-use Storyblaster graphics or images when appropriate. Ultimately, the content users publish, is the sole responsibility of the campaigner, credited as “user.”
Storyblaster reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all of its example or any user-modified posts, images or videos at any time without the consent of user.
You understand that by using social media, you and your team may be exposed to content you may find offensive, indecent, or objectionable and understand that Storyblaster has no control over such content posted on or from other social media clients, websites or on the web in general. As such, in this respect, you agree to use the Services at your own risk.
You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Storyblaster has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) for any and all content you create, transmit, display or schedule for posting, or display while using the Services and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which Storyblaster may suffer in the moment or future) due to user disregard.
You understand and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for approving any and all creative, written and/or video marketing collateral (this includes all content within a templated post, or on crowdfunding platform of choice, any user landing pages, websites, marketing emails, ancillary social media posts, advertisements, newsletters, media pitches, press releases or any other material for both public or internal consumption, etc.) created by your campaign team before publishing.
Proofreading and final approval is in the hands of the user and he/she may choose to approve or not approve any single post.
You acknowledge and agree that Storyblaster (or the Storyblaster’s licensors) owns all legal rights, titles and interests in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated confidential by Storyblaster and that you shall not disclose such information without Storyblaster’s prior written consent.
Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Storyblaster, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of Storyblaster’s trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
If you have been given an explicit right to use any of these brand features in a separate written agreement with Storyblaster then you agree that your use of such features shall be in compliance with that agreement, any applicable provisions of the Terms, and Storyblaster’s brand feature use guidelines as updated from time to time.
Other than the limited license set forth in Section 9, Storyblaster acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Storyblaster, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Storyblaster has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Services.
Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by Storyblaster, you agree that in using the Services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
- Content License from you
- You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content, you give Storyblaster a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, alter, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Storyblaster to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined earlier in the Terms of those Services.
- You agree that this license includes a right for Storyblaster to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom The Company has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.
- You understand that Storyblaster, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Storyblaster to take these actions.
- You confirm and warrant to Storyblaster that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
STORYBLASTER FREE TRIAL
This offer (the “Free Trial”), which is made to you by Storyblaster (as defined in the Storyblaster Terms and Conditions of Use), permits you to access the Storyblaster application (as defined in the Storyblaster Terms and Conditions of Use) for a period of three (3) days from the moment you submit your payment details.
The Free Trial allows you to access all features available to a paying subscriber, including paid promotion features. Costs you incur in use of the paid promotion features (ie Facebook paid media fees and Storyblaster’s commission on such fees) are not covered by this offer.
If you decide within your three (3) day Free Trial that you do not want to continue using Storyblaster, you must cancel your subscription by logging into your Storyblaster account and following the prompts on the Account page, or by clicking here and following the instructions, prior to the end of your three (3) day Free Trial. Otherwise, at the end of the Free Trial, you will automatically become a paying user of the Storyblaster application at the prices indicated on www.storyblaster.com at the time of your acceptance of the Free Trial offer, and the payment method you provided will automatically be charged the aforementioned fee.
You may only use this Free Trial once. If you have created a campaign with Storyblaster before, you are ineligible for this Free Trial.
Storyblaster reserves the right to earlier terminate this Free Trial at any time and for any reason. After such time of termination, Storyblaster shall not be obliged to provide any further Free Trials.
I fully understand that crowdfunding is high-risk endeavor and I, my company, employees, partners, and contributors, in no way will hold Storyblaster, Inc. it’s officers, employees, partners or affiliates, or “the Company”) responsible for the final financial outcome or engagement results of my campaign.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING SECTIONS 10 AND 11, SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT STORYBLASTER’s WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” STORYBLASTER IS CONSTANTLY WORKING TO UPGRADE AND IMPROVE OUR USER EXPERIENCE AND FINANCIAL RESULTS, BUT WE CANNOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT IT WILL ALWAYS MEET ALL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA NEEDS, REQUIREMENTS, EXPECTATIONS OR FINANCIAL GOALS.
- STORYBLASTER, IT’S PARTNERS AND AFFILIATES DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT IT’S SERVICES WILL ALWAYS WORK PERFECTLY, NEVER BE INTERRUPTED, OR BE 100% ACCURATE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO OUR VERY BEST TO GIVE USERS RELEVANT AND RELIABLE INFORMATION WHICH HAS BEEN RESEARCHED AND PREPARED FOR THE PURPOSE OF CAMPAIGN
- SUCCESS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE RESPOND TO CUSTOMER FEEDBACK, BUG REQUESTS AND ANY AND ALL SERVICE PROBLEMS IN A TIMELY FASHION, AND THAT WE DO OUR BEST TO MAKE SURE OUR SERVICES AND SOFTWARE WILL BE SECURE AND FREE FROM ERROR.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM STORYBLASTER OR OUR SERVICES, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- STORYBLASTER FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Limitation of liability
- SUBJECT TO OVERALL PROVISION IN PARAGRAPH 10.1 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT STORYBLASTER, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY…
- THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT OR CONTRIBUTIONS, (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, LOSS OF DATA,, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
(II) ANY CHANGES WHICH STORYBLASTER MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
(III) THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
(III) YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE STORYBLASTER WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
(IV) YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL;
- THE LIMITATIONS ON STORYBLASTER’S LIABILITY TO YOU IN THE PARAGRAPH 11.1 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT STORYBLASTER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
- Some of the Services are or may in the future be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on the Services, queries made through the Services or other information.
- The manner, mode and extent of advertising by Storyblaster on the Services are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- Other Content
- The Services may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources. Storyblaster has no control over any websites or resources or advertising provided by companies or persons other than Storyblaster.
- You acknowledge and agree that Storyblaster is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that Storyblaster is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.